Isn’t holiday decor fun? It just gets you in the holiday spirit and I love watching the kid’s eyes light up when they see it! This year I made a very cute sign pointing to the North Pole and most of the supplies where out of my stash! Love that!
- Wood plaque-I bought mine from Craft Warehouse for under $2!!
- Christmas decal from Your Way Vinyl
- Scrapbook paper & solid cardstock
- Mod Podge-Love this stuff!
- Paint & paint brush
- Cutting board & scissors
- Peel off the back of the decal according to the directions.
- Place on solid cardstock and smooth out using enclosed tool.
- Cut out decal from paper.
- Cut patterned scrapbook paper to the size of the plaque.
- Paint the exposed area of the plaque.
- Coat the surface with Mod Podge
- Place paper on top of Mod Podge and smooth out bubbles.
- Spread a layer of Mod Podge on top of paper.
- Place decal and paper combo on top of the layer of Mod Podge and add a layer on top while smoothing out any bubbles. I have not perfected this part of the process yet. I am going to research if there is a certain tool to make the job easier!
- Let dry. Drill a few holes and add ribbon! Now you are ready to decorate!