Do you need a cute way to wrap up a gift or maybe even a brownie or some other treat for Valentine’s Day? Check out this really fun packaging made with wax paper and twine!
Here is what you will need for the Heart Wax Paper:
- Wax paper
- Tissue paper
- Tea towel or other thin cotton towel
- Scissors & Iron
- Cut out your hearts from tissue paper. I did the fold-over trick and it went really quick!
- Tear off a sheet of wax paper and fold it so the resulting half makes the size of wrapping paper that you would like. Arrange the tissue paper hearts between the sheets.
- Place a tea towel on top of the wax paper and iron on medium with a dry heat until you can see the layers adhere to each other in between the hearts. Allow it to cool. The sheets will be attached delicately-do not pull them apart!
Here is what you will need for the baker’s twine:
- Red Permanent Pen in a medium
- Wrap twine tightly around ruler as shown.
- Make lines about 1/4″ thick across the twine, about 1/4″ apart.
- Let it dry. Drying times will vary depending on the material you used. Also, I used a thicker twine, and from what I have seen in other tutorials, the thinner twine seems to be easier to make lines that are more consistent around.
The great thing about this wax wrapping paper is that you don’t have to worry about the moisture from baked goods working it’s way through the paper. If you have many treats to give out-it’s a lot more cost effective than purchasing Tupperware for each person!
If you’d like, use different colors of tissue paper or different sizes of hearts. Make it a family project and have your older children help you with the cutting!