Really? We only have three days until St. Patrick’s Day?! How did that happen? Did this holiday sneak up on you like it did me? If you want to do something a bit fun and festive, using items you already have in your house… make GREEN Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies!
You can either omit the vanilla and add a teaspoon of mint flavoring and green food coloring, or you can use my grandma’s yummy Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe… the green hue is my addition!
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16-18 drops of green food coloring
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and consistent.
- Beat in eggs and mix in mint extract.
- Dissolve baking soda in the hot water and then add to batter.
- Add salt and mix until combined.
- Add food coloring and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 or 10 minutes-until edges begin to brown. Allow to cool a bit on the cookie sheet. Enjoy!
Remember… having a green cookie on you at all times might be bad for the waistline, but you won’t get pinched on St. Patrick’s Day!