We have such a cute and crafty idea for you to show Dad or Grandpa just how much we love them! It’s easy and inexpensive too!
Here is what you will need:
- Picture frame
- Puzzle pieces-I used a puzzle from the Dollar Store that was missing pieces! Hello recycle!
- Acrylic paints
- Craft Glue Dots® Dispenser
- Paint brushes
- Card stock in a light, neutral color
- Sentimental picture of Dad
- Paint your puzzle pieces. I decided to do two projects using three colors each. Do your own thing! Have fun!
- Paint the picture frame.
- While paint is drying, print up a piece of the cardstock with the saying “I love you to Pieces!” along the bottom or the side. Cut to fit frame. We will be doing a reverse mat-meaning the picture sits on top of the mat.
- Add your picture of Dad and put the frame together.
- Using the Craft Glue Dots® Dispenser, add Glue Dots® in various locations. You can keep it simple and use a few, or layer them! Use larger puzzle pieces, as I did-or use tiny pieces from one of those crazy 5000 piece puzzles! And there you have an easy, cute, sentimental gift for Dad or Grandpa!
- Glue Dots® are so easy to use, let your kids help! Grandparents love getting gifts handmade by the sweet, little hands!
>Are you planning any handmade gifts for the Dads and Grandpas in your life? I would love to hear about your ideas!
I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® Design Team.