When browsing Pinterest a few weeks ago for freeze meals and new dinner ideas, I came across the site Six Sisters’ Stuff. How am I just discovering this amazing site?! It’s full of amazing recipes and crafts and I immediately started pinning ideas for recipes to freeze before the twins get here.
I came across their recipe for Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes and it sounded SO good. I am normally not a fan of Sloppy Joes at all but my husband is, so I figured that I would give it a try. Plus, I had most of the ingredients on hand. What happened is one of the most delicious meals that we have ever had!
There were only two ingredients that I didn’t have on hand – beef stock and mushrooms. My husband isn’t a big fan of mushrooms so I was okay leaving these off and decided to see how it was without the beef stock. AMAZING! I definitely need to try it with the beef stock though.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup of Steak Sauce
- 1 cup of Beef Stock (I did without this!)
- 1 chopped Green Pepper
- 1 package sliced Mushrooms (I did without this!)
- Provolone Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Brown Ground Beef in large skillet for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, green pepper and mushrooms and cook another 3-4 minutes, until they start to get tender.
- Add in the steak sauce (I added a bit more!) and beef stock, season with salt and pepper and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Cut rolls and layer with cheese and toast under broiler.
- Scoop meat onto bun and ENJOY!