We always have a first-aid kit stocked at our house and I have some essentials in my diaper bag, but during the summer everything changes. We are always on the go and our whole family is so much more active which means more accidents. I like to be prepared for anything that happens, so I have a special first-aid kit stocked just for summer. Most of my essentials are specific for my kids – but you know what? Even Mom likes to sport a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Band-Aid if needed!
Some of the must-have essentials for my Summer First-Aid Kit for Kids include:
- Neutrogena Pure and Free Baby Sunscreen: We apply sunscreen before we leave the house but I always have some with my in the diaper bag so we can reapply if needed.
- Fun Band-Aids: Johnson and Johnson has a ton of fun Band-Aids for kids. In our summer first-aid kit, I always keep something like TMNT or Phineas and Ferb Band-aids for my kids.
– Neosporin to Go: This is something I keep in our bag year-round because I love how I can just clip it. We always seem to use it all the time though during the summer.
- Children’s Zyrtec: We discovered a few months ago that my son has seasonal allergies. His pediatrician recommended Zyrtec and while it lasts all day, I keep an extra pack in our on the go first-aid kit just in case we forgot to take it while at home.
– Children’s Motrin: Another thing that is in our first-aid kit year-round, but good for summer! It’s great for if your child is in pain while not at home and they need some relief.
- Children’s Benadryl Itch Cooling Gel: Ugh – bug bites! They love my children as much as I do! Luckily, this gel helps relieve them from itching!
– Ice Packs: I try to keep an ice pack in our first-aid kit that you can snap and it instantly cools. It’s great for those bumps and bruises at the park – although my son has discovered that sno-cones work too!
Right now, you can stock up on all of the The HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® you need for your summer first-aid kit with the amazing printable coupons available – you can save more than $45 by visiting http://www.HealthyEssentials.com in June and July and signing up for the HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® program.
The HEALTHY ESSENTIALS site is more than just coupons – there are a ton of great tips & tools for you to explore. Of course, the $45 in Johnson & Johnson coupons is awesome too!
I love that I can relax this summer knowing that I’m ready for anything that will come at me with my summer first-aid kit!
What’s a must have in your summer first-aid kit?
This post is part of the HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® 2014 program by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. and The Motherhood, who sent me a box of products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are all my own, and I hope you enjoy them.