I LOVE pasta and I LOVE Asparagus so when I found a recipe that combines the two of them, I knew I had to make it right away. As soon as I read the recipe from Damn Delicious, I rushed out to buy the ingredients to make it myself.
- 8 ounces medium shell pasta
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup basil pesto
- ⅓ cup julienned sun dried tomatoes, drained
- ⅓ cup diced mozzarella cubes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain.
- Place asparagus in a single layer onto baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Roast asparagus in oven for 8-12 minutes. Cool before cutting into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together pasta, asparagus, pesto, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Serve immediately.
Mmmmmm! Just looking at these pictures has me craving it now! I bought a ball of mozzarella and just cut it into cubes. It immediately made the pasta gooey and cheesy.