I’m always looking for fun ways to serve up food for my kids. The other day I shared ways to make school lunches more fun and now I’ve got a fun recipe from Schnucks on how to make Banana Giraffes! This is the perfect after school snack for your kiddos to come home to!
Banana Giraffes Kid’s Snack
- 2 bananas
- Schnucks creamy peanut butter, in piping bag
- chocolate-covered raisins – or regular raisins!
- sliced almonds
- Wilton candy eyeballs, found in the baking aisle
- Cut a bit off the bottom of each banana and then cut one round slice from that bottom piece.
- Insert 2 long raisins into the top of the banana for giraffe horns.
- Insert 2 almond slices into the side of the banana for giraffe ears.
- Pipe 2 small dots of peanut butter between the ears and then place the candy eyes on top.
- Pipe a dot of peanut butter under the eyes and place the banana slice on top. Pipe 2 nostrils and smile onto the slice.
- Pipe small dots of peanut butter down the sides of the lower half of the banana. Place round raisins on the peanut butter for the giraffe spots.
Your kids will love this fun recipe! Who could resist eating these banana giraffes? Schnucks has a ton of kid-friendly recipes for you to check out! Make sure to check out the Schnucks Facebook page on August 21st where I’ll be showing you live how to make these!
Pin it for later!