I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
Bigelow tea was created to make delicious, healthy tea in a way that was also environmentally responsible. “Do the Right Thing and Good Things will Follow” remains ingrained in the Bigelow culture today! Bigelow’s Mission Statement is guided by four basic principles:
- Satisfied Consumers: Bigelow feels that good flavor and product freshness are paramount to your tea drinking experience.
- Strong Relationships: They continually work to build strong business relationships. Communication and mutual respect are important.
- Employee Relations: A company can’t be successful without the help of their employees. Bigelow works to provide a positive, motivational and satisfying relationship.
- Good Corporate Citizen: Since the beginning of the company, strong ethical business practices are emphasized.
What Does Bigelow they actually do that protects our planet
with their SustainabilitTea program?
- Energy conservation: 880,000 kWh of solar energy solar panels generated to date; enough to power 568 homes for a year
- Land preservation and protection: 347 acres held by Bigelow Tea to prevent it from future real estate development
- Waste reduction: 0% of waste going to landfill from Bigelow’s three facilities
- Supplier relationships: 40,000 square feet of new facility is able to heat or cool using 1/14th the energy normally required (equal to the amount used to cool or heat a 2,857 sq ft facility)
Pretty amazing, huh? I was talking with my kids about what all of these numbers actually meant. So I took the kids for a bike ride around our neighborhood to try to find a point of reference for them. Our neighborhood has about 45 houses in it. This would mean that the energy that the solar panels have generated so far could power a TWELVE & A HALF NEIGHBORHOODS for a YEAR!
Preserving 347 acres keeps the natural environment a home to thousands of insects, animals and plants. And no waste… ZERO PERCENT goes to landfills from all three of Bigelow’s manufacturing facilities! And the energy that would normally heat/cool just a 3,000 sq ft facility does the job for a 40,000 square feet of facility!
Recently, I took a vacay-trip (any errand without my entourage of children) to my favorite Target store to check out all the flavors in the Bigelow Tea family. I found them in the drink aisle, right after the juice. The pretty Green Tea boxes sprang out at me! The business philosophy of Bigelow tea sounds fantastic right? Everything that I would like to support and teach my kids to find important when choosing their own purchases.
But Bigelow Tea tastes great too! They have something for every tea drinker. I tend to drink the Classic Green Tea in the mornings. I love my coffee, but sometimes you need something with a more earthy yet delicate taste to go with a cranberry scone. In the evening, nothing compares to curling up with a good book and a cup of Cosy Chamomile. I have done my research and this is one of the best chamomile teas out there. I’m not sure how chamomile flowers differ, but this tea is smoother and a bit sweeter than others.
Grandma doesn’t know it yet, but she will be getting a basket of homemade cookies and a box of delicious “Constant Comment” Black Tea. I love that our grandparents spent their busy lives getting up at dawn, and now in their nineties, they sleep in to 9 am every morning! They have given up coffee because of the acidity, but love having a cup of tea on their back porch together. I can’t wait wait to hear what they think of the sweet spice and hint of orange rind in “Constant Comment.”
Right now, you can ENTER TO WIN some fantastic prizes in Bigelow’s “THANK YOU MOM SWEEPS!”
I would love to win a $200 spa gift and an assortment of Bigelow Tea for Mom! There are many other prizes to make your Mom smile so make sure you enter on the Bigelow Tea Facebook page before 4/30. Just click on the sweepstakes icon under the cover photo at the top of the Bigelow FB page!
Make sure you follow :
- The official Bigelow website
- Bigelow in on Facebook
- Bigelow on Twitter
- The “SustainabiliTea” program