It’s my favorite time of the year! I love fall and I especially love all of the fun activities you can do around St. Louis. I’m especially excited about the Oktoberfest events at the Anheuser-Busch St. Louis Brewery, which are also family-friendly!
Through October 2nd, the Biergarten will be transformed into a traditional German Oktoberfest experience!
Throughout the celebration, guests can enjoy traditional German beers, snack on a special Oktoberfest fare and listen to German music. On the weekends, there will be interactive Oktoberfest games like barrel rolling, stein relays and more.
Since Oktoberfest is all about the beer, adults can purchase popular German beers, including:
- Spaten Oktoberfest – The world’s first Oktoberfest beer. It has a golden color with a savory flavor
- Spaten Optimator – Doppelbock style brew with a deep, dark color and a rich roasted malt flavor
- Spaten Lager – Classic German lager with well-balanced flavor
- Franziskaner – Traditional hefeweizen style brew with a fresh, fruity flavor
Every Thursday through Sunday, there will be live music, including local and German bands. Check out the schedule below!
Sept. 16 and 23: 6 – 9 p.m.: Live music, keg tapping and traditional German games
Sept. 17 and 24: 3 – 9 p.m.: Live music and traditional German games
Sept. 18 and 25: 1 – 5 p.m.: Live music, traditional German games and Family Day activities
Sept. 20: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.: Beer Pairing Dinner (tickets available for purchase)
Sept. 30: 5 – 10 p.m.: Live music, German dancers, keg tapping and traditional German games
Oct. 1: Noon – 10 p.m.: Live music, German dancers and traditional German games
Oct. 2: Noon – 5 p.m.: Live music, German dancers, traditional German games and Family Day activities
Oktoberfest is not just for adults! Pets are welcome every Friday through Sunday. Every Sunday is Family Day, which will include varying activities such as balloon animals, bounce houses, face painting and a petting zoo.
Special Oktoberfest Promotions
Guests can also enjoy the following specials and promotions:
- Buy a .5L stein in the gift shop and get $3 Oktoberfest brand beer refills
- Growler refill specials on Oktoberfest brands ($6/64 oz., $8/128 oz.)
- Wear an Oktoberfest costume, and get 20 percent off (some exclusions apply)
- Bring ticket from any other Oktoberfest celebration and receive a free Oktoberfest brand beer
- Oktoberfest merchandise available in the Gift Shop
Admissions to Oktoberfest events, except for the beer pairing dinner on Sept. 20, are free of charge and open to guests of all ages. Tickets for the beer pairing dinner can be purchased here. To see all the activities going on during Oktoberfest, visit BudweiserTours.com. The Biergarten is located at 12th and Lynch St. in St. Louis, MO.
Disclosure: I received complimentary tickets for this event but all thoughts and opinions are my own.