Dr. Seuss books are an important part of our household. My two year old twins love them and so does my 8 year old son. Read Across America week is coming up in just a few weeks as we celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday on March 2nd! There are so many fun activities to do with your kids but I wanted to make a special breakfast to go along with one of our favorite books – Fox in Socks Pancakes!
These pancakes were delicious and the kids loved them! Looking back, I think using some kind of red velvet pancake would have been delicious and looked more like the tricky fox!
Fox in Socks Pancakes
This recipe will yield 2 Fox pancakes:
3 pancakes (can be homemade or ready to heat)
Peanut Butter to spread
Betty Crocker vanilla cookie icing pouch
2 Wilton dark cocoa chocolate wafers
Wilton black decorator icing
4 Wilton candy eyes (large)
HOW TO ASSEMBLE
1. Using a kitchen shears, cut each pancake into the shape of a heart.
2. Cut out 4 fox ears from the 3rd pancake.
3. Spread a layer of peanut butter on top of each pancake and ears.
4. Press the ears into the top of each pancake. The peanut butter will secure in place.
5. Using the cookie icing pouch, apply icing to the edge of the face, in the shape of a “V.”
6. Apply icing to the part where each ear meets the top of the head.
7. Add 2 candy eyes to each fox face.
8. With the black decorating icing tube, pipe eyelashes above each eye and also 3 lines on each side of the face.
9. Place a Wilton chocolate wafer at the bottom of each chin.
10. Read Fox in Socks while you enjoy breakfast!