I tend to wear flip flops from about March to October. Even when going out to get the mail in those cold months, I slip on my flip flops that I constantly keep by our front door. Whenever my feet are confined, whether it be in ballet flats or sneakers, I’m usually itching to take the shoes off and go barefoot or slip on some flip flops.
Even with frequent pedicure in the summer, my feet are constantly getting dry, cracked and black on the bottom from my frequent wearing of flip flops. I feel like I’m always apologizing to the salon where I get a pedicure at. I am so excited though because while browsing Pinterest, I found an EASY solution to treat flip flop feet at home!
Now I really wanted to do a before and after picture of my feet and I probably should have so you could see the AMAZING difference, but I just didn’t want to subject you to it. Not even my husband likes the look of my flip flop feet and he loves me.
Now if you’re wanting to get rid of your flip flop feet – the cracked, dry and black layer on the bottom of your feet, all you need is shaving cream and Listerine!
6 Steps to Treat Cracked and Black Feet
– Cover the bottom of your feet with shaving cream. (I just used my gel shaving cream.)
– In sink, combine equal parts warm water and Listerine. (I just used generic Target mouthwash!)
– Soak hand towel in the warm water/Listerine combination.
– With shaving cream STILL on the bottom of your feet, wrap the towel around your feet and let it sit for 30 minutes. (Okay, I got impatient and did 20 minutes – 30 probably would have been perfect!)
– After the time is up, use the towel to rub your feet. The calloused skin will rub off!
– Apply lotion to the bottom of your feet (and socks if you want too to keep the moisture in!)
I was simply amazed at the difference after I did this to my feet. The article warns not to do it too often since it does take a layer off the bottom of your feet. Do it too often and your feet will become too sore.
Enjoy your Flip Flop Ready Feet!