Don’t you love those little conversation heart candies? They are one of the cutest traditional Valentine’s Day candies in my opinion! With that in mind, I would love to show you my newest piece of Valentine’s Day decor:
And it’s so easy to make with a few fantastic Elmer’s Memory Keeping items that you probably already have as a staple in your craft room!
Here is what you will need:
- Cardstock in solid colors
- Elmer’s Mini Bi-fold Foam Board or you could also use the Tri-Fold or Single Sheet
- Elmer’s No Wrinkle Rubber Cement
- Elmer’s CraftBond™ Foam Mounting Tape
- Elmer’s CraftBond™ Gel Pens 18pk
- X-ACTO precision knife
- Ribbon for hanging
- Large piece of paper or 4 sheets of regular size paper taped together
- First, cut out your hearts. I used my cricut (time saver!) and cut 16 3.75″ hearts. Four of each color.
- Glue the hearts to the Foam Board with No-Wrinkle Rubber Cement.
- Allow hearts to dry and then cut them out using the Precision Knife. I enlisted my hubby to help with this part. He found that scoring around the heart using this very cool swivel knife and then cutting through using the long blade worked the best.
- Using the raspberry colored Gel Pen, I wrote my favorite “sayings” on eight of the hearts-two of each color.
- I drew two circles on the taped together paper as a guide to keep my wreath a nicely shaped circle. Then I added the eight hearts without words adjusting their placement in a slightly whimsical fashion.
- Using the Foam Mounting Tape, I added the top level of hearts, attaching them to the hearts on either side.
- Hang with a ribbon, and there you have it!
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias #CBias.