Have you seen the movie Sing yet? We’ve seen it twice now and I immediately bought the soundtrack so we can listen to it at home. It’s such a fun movie and we all love the music! All my kids love Buster Moon who plays the owner of the Moon Theater and who sets up a singing competition and then gets into some hi-jinks. I knew a fun craft for the kids would be a Buster Moon Paper Plate Craft!
Buster Moon Paper Plate Craft
3 white paper plates
Grey acrylic paint
White acrylic paint
Construction paper: black, blue and white
2 black pom poms
1/2 of a black pipe cleaner
1 red bow
HOW TO ASSEMBLE
1. Cut the outer ridge off of 2 of the 3 paper plates and paint each one grey in color. Set aside to dry. These will be Buster Moons’ ears.
2. Paint the entire front of the third paper plate grey and set aside to dry.
3. While the face and ears are drying, cut out 2 large circles from the blue construction paper. I found a spice jar lid that was the perfect size and I traced around it.
4. Next, cut out 2 circles from the black construction paper, slightly smaller than the blue circles. Apply the glue stick to the back of each black circle and place in the middle of each blue circle.
5. Cut out 2 tiny circles from the white construction paper and glue in the middle of the each black circle. These will be Buster Moons’ eyes.
6. Once the large paper plate has dried, apply glue from the glue stick to the back of each eye and place on the plate (the face).
6. Once the 2 smaller paper plates have dried, paint over 3/4 of each plate with white paint for the color of Busters’ white fur. Set aside to dry.
7. Cut off a small amount of the black “fur” from a pom pom and glue over each eye for the eyebrows. The glue stick worked fine but you could always use a glue gun for extra adherence.
8. Apply glue from the glue stick to the middle of the plate and affix the remaining large black pom pom or use the glue gun.
9. Apply glue to the back of the cut pipe cleaner and attach it to the plate in the shape of a smile.
10. Once dried, take both of the small paper plates (ears) and attach to the back of the large paper plate (face) with glue.
11. Apply glue from the glue gun to the back of the red bow and affix to the bottom of the plate.
And now you’ve got a Buster Moon to listen to you belt out some tunes!
Pin it for later!