The Shopkins soap we posted last week was so fun, we knew that you would love to make your own LEGO soap too! If my girls are obsessed with Shopkins, then my son is equally obsessed with LEGOs! I love the idea of making this LEGO soap – it’s fun to use LEGO blocks or minifigures! This would be something fun to make for your own kids or to give out as birthday party favors too for a LEGO party.
Materials Needed to Make LEGO Soap
Glycerin soap block
Glass measuring cup with handle
Any rectangle soap mold
Soap scent (optional)
Small sauce pot
Directions to Make LEGO Soap
1. Cut your large glycerin soap into about 5 ice cube sized pieces
2. Place your soap pieces into a clear glass measuring cup
3. Place your measuring cup into a small pot of boiling water on the stove
4. Let your water boil around your measuring cup until the glycerin soap is melted (about 5 minutes)
5. Add in 1 tablespoon of your scent (I choose Apple, but you can use whatever scent you want!) stir with wooden spoon
6. Place your Legos upside down in your rectangular mold
7. Using a pot holder, carefully grab your measuring cup by the handle and pour your melted soap over your Legos
8. Let cool at room temperature for 10 minutes then transfer to the freezer for the last 10 minutes
9. Carefully stretch the sides of your mold and press up on the bottom to remove your Lego soap
The kids will love washing their hands since the more they wash their hands, the quicker they get their LEGOs! It also makes washing your hands just a little bit more fun now! Don’t forget to check out the tutorial to make Shopkins soap too!
What would you put in soap for your kids?