Happy Mario Day! That’s right, March 10 (MAR10) is Mario Day! We love Mario in our house and to celebrate I’m sharing this Mario Kart Paper Plate Craft! Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Nintendo Switch is one of our favorite games!
2 large white paper plates
1 black construction paper
1 white construction paper
1. Cut out the inside rim of each paper plate and discard.
2. With a paintbrush and black paint, paint both paper plate rims black. Set aside for 30 minutes to dry.
3. Cut out four (1 inch wide x 6 inch long) strips from the black construction paper.
4. Once dried, flip each plate over. Apply glue from the glue stick on both ends of a black strip and attach to the back of a plate, directly in the middle, horizontally. Apply glue to both sides of a second strip and attach in the middle of the plate, vertically. Repeat these steps for the remaining paper plate.
5. Draw 2 medium circles on the white construction paper. I used the lid of a spice jar and traced around it. With the scissors, cut both circles out.
6. Use the red crayon to draw and color a large “M” on a circle. On the other one, draw and color a large “L” with the green crayon.
7. Apply glue to the back of each circle and attach to the front of each steering wheel.
Such a fun and easy craft to have the kids make to celebrate Mario Day!
Make sure to check out my other Nintendo posts!