Disclosure: I partnered with Honeycomb to create this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The other day, 2 boxes of Honeycomb cereal arrived at our house and my husband rejoiced. It had been awhile since he had enjoyed a bowl of Honeycomb and he quickly ate that first box of cereal within a few days – with some help from my kiddos, of course! I told them they weren’t allowed to touch the second box because I had my mind set on making a delicious recipe they would all love.
Honeycomb cereal has been around for over 50 years and I’m sure most of you enjoy it like us – in a bowl with milk. While that classic meal is great, Honeycomb wants you to think as big as you possibly can by making breakfast “biggerer” than ever before! I decided to create a One Minute Vanilla Honeycomb Mug Cake that had everyone begging me to make more!
The One Minute Vanilla Honeycomb Mug Cake is SO easy to make. Literally just a few minutes of prep, one minute cook time and then you’ve got a treat that is bursting with flavor. Honeycomb’s one-of-a-kind shape that is bursting with honey flavor is a unique and delicious addition to an already tasty recipe!
For Mug Cake
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/3 cup of crushed Honeycomb cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mug. Mix in the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla making sure not to over-mix.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Top with whole Honeycomb pieces.
- While the mug cake is cooling, mix together the powdered sugar and milk to make a glaze. Pour on top of the mug cake and then drizzle with honey.
If you’re looking to make breakfast even “biggerer” – think first day of school meal? Saturday snack? – then the One Minute Vanilla Honeycomb Mug Cake is for you!
I’d love to know how you enjoy your Honeycomb cereal – are you a purist and enjoy it with milk, in a baggie as a snack or do you like to create recipes with your cereal?
One lucky reader will win a box of Honeycomb cereal and a $25 gift card. Enter below!