I’m on the parent teacher group at my son’s school and one of the first events that we hold at the beginning of the school year is a teacher appreciation breakfast. The teachers deserve it so much and I love being able to help provide something to start their school year off to a great start! This year, I decided that I wanted to bring a breakfast casserole and scrolled through Pinterest before deciding I would take all of my favorite ingredients and dump it into a crockpot making this easy overnight crockpot breakfast casserole!
Please excuse the dark and not so good pictures as this was taken with my phone at 10pm at night. That’s right, 10pm as I was making it to be ready to bring up to school at 7am. The only drawback to making this at night to bring somewhere else? I woke up at 5am to my house smelling absolutely delicious! I wanted to eat it right then and there!
- 2 pounds Ground Sausage
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 4 cups
- 1 Bag of Frozen Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 Bag of Frozen Diced Green Peppers, Red Peppers and Onions (or you can not be lazy like me and use fresh!)
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 18 Medium Eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook ground sausage in skillet
- Spray crockpot with Pam.
- Fill the bottom of the crockpot with shredded hashbrowns.
- Add in the sausage, peppers, onions and cheese. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs and whisk together. Add the 1 cup of milk and salt and pepper. Whisk together again.
- Pour the egg mixture into the crockpot and mix together.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours and serve in the morning!
So, seriously this is SO easy! It’s perfect if you would want to surprise the teachers at your child’s school or it’s perfect for the weekend or a holiday morning. I’ll definitely be making this for my family soon. I also read somewhere who said they had warm tortillas to make breakfast burritos – my favorite, YUM!
Pin it for later!
Below is a picture of our Teacher Appreciation Breakfast spread – we had some hot casseroles, donuts, muffins, fruit, bagels and cream cheese!
I even tried to get a little crafty by making these crayon cups for the utensils. I’m all about easy and this was super easy – just a cup, crayons and glue dots!
What’s your favorite easy breakfast recipe?