If you are a parent raising kids in this time, it is important that you also take care of your children’s digital lives. Every kid uses a gadget these days and has access to the internet. Even the toddlers know how to start their favorite channel on YouTube and play games. We often use technology as a way to get them busy. When they grow up it is the easiest way they know to get busy. Even if it means watching senseless videos, refreshing newsfeed on a social network or playing a game while sitting on the couch all day.
Obviously, they live in an age of gadgets and the internet but they should use all these things in a balanced way and safely. It is the parents’ job to tell them how and make sure they do. They should also openly talk about all the dangers and protect the kids from potential ones. It is possible with regular online monitoring and keeping their screen time in check. It is advised to start taking these measures as soon as they start watching the cartoons and well into their teen years. They need guidance at every point. Thankfully, there are tools to help you out in this matter.
A parental control app for Android makes it easier to take a peek into their digital activity and control it without hovering over your kids. You can handle this duty from anywhere your want and stay informed all the time. FamilyTime app is one of the best names in this matter.
It allows you to:
- Monitor internet browsing, mobile apps, timings of their calls and texts, view texts and contact details. You can even put contacts on a Watchlist, the ones you think might be potentially unsafe.
- Block unwanted mobile apps that encourage sexting, anonymous texting, bullying, gossiping and addiction.
- Lock their devices during dinners, homework and after bedtime or whenever you want. This prevents Nomophobia and keeps them fresh and well rested.
- Use GPS tracking to know where they go and identify any dangerous places.
- Get notifications when they enter or leave a place with the help of Geofence markers.
- Also, get panic alerts and pick me up reminders if they need you.
FamilyTime works on all Android devices – 4.0 and higher. It also has great compatibility with iOS. You can try all the premium features for free and know how it makes digital parenting easier.
Getting smart is a necessity
That is right, it is now a necessity for parents to have proper knowledge of the dangers of the cyber world and take appropriate steps to protect their kids that include communication and using a parental control app for Android. So, take this step today and secure your kids. It not only helps their present but their future as well. However, include them in the process and the reason so that they can understand it is for their best. Happy parenting!