Life is all about balance and a healthy rest can eve up things after a busy day. I can’t wait to lie down in my comfortable bed, in the evening and “recharge the batteries” for the next morning.
The key word in this equation is “comfortable.” There are plenty of outstanding products ready provide comfort for us, such as high-quality mattresses, pillows, pads, and toppers. The secret is to choose the right one for you.
But how do you pick out a mattress to suit your needs, when there are so many brands on the market? I used to get a headache every time I knew an old mattress needed replacing! Fortunately, things are different nowadays, thanks to online shopping and social networking. There’s no better research strategy for any product than going online. Various websites offer unbiased reviews and customer reports, while social media is a great place to exchange opinions.
Thus, the first steps you need to take before purchasing anything is to research thoroughly and define your preferences and expectations – and the ones of your partner. The second phase is actually to test mattresses, and this is something you can do only in showrooms. I was recently chatting with some friends, and they told me that their new game plan, when getting a new mattress, is to find the product on the web, test it in a showroom and then buy it online for a lower price. I admit that sounds pretty smart!
You may ask: “But why should we test the mattress if we can find online all the information about it, plus the reviews – and detailed pictures as well?” The best reason I can think of: it’s the exclusive way you can find out for sure if the chosen product suits you. Let me elaborate:
- When trying out the mattress, you will be able to assess its level of firmness. It is best to spend at least 10 – 15 minutes lying on it (even if you are in a store, that’s ok, don’t be shy or embarrassed), preferably in your favorite sleeping position (on your back, on your side or your stomach).
- Don’t be afraid to move: fussing around and changing positions will help you determine if the mattress is comfortable enough for you, no matter the posture in which you end up during your sleep.
- According to Try Mattress, the key to choosing the perfect mattress is to observe, when testing it, which are the places where you feel pressure. For instance, if you love sleeping on your side and you chose a mattress that is firm, you will probably perceive pressure on your hips; that may cause a severe discomfort in the morning. On the other hand, if you sleep on your stomach, you’ll want a firmer mattress to support you.
- When you perform the “test drive,” you can also check the various features most modern mattresses present. For instance, if they come with a smart cover, you can test its ability to manage the temperature or how the associated smartphone application works.
- When testing the mattress, take your partner with you and do the evaluation together, at the same time. It is vital for your long-term rest to ensure that you both have enough space and you both agree on the comfort level.
If you do the necessary research, test several products and compare details, features, prices, and conditions, I am sure you will find the mattress of your dreams, and you’ll enjoy your much-needed rest night after night.