On August 21st, a few states will be in the path of a Total Solar Eclipse. This is an event that hasn’t happened since 1918 and I’m excited that I’m going to be able to experience this with my family. My son’s school is doing a lot of fun activities but if you’re going to be home and looking to celebrate, you will want to make this Total Solar Eclipse S’mores Dip! There are SO many fun foods that you can serve at your Total Solar Eclipse party, but we all loved this dip when I tested it out. Plus, it’s pretty easy to make too!
Total Solar Eclipse S’mores Dip
- Large Marshmallows
- Chocolate Bars (I think chocolate chips would work well too!)
- Yellow Sugar Sprinkles
- Black Sugar Sprinkles
- Round Cake Pan
- Graham Crackers
- Break up pieces of chocolate bars and place at the bottom of a round cake pan. I think chocolate chips would work too!
- Stick a toothpick into a large marshmallow, dip into water and then dip into a bowl of yellow sprinkles. Make sure to completely coat the top. The water helps the sprinkles stick to the marshmallow. Place the yellow marshmallows at the edge of the cake pan.
- Then dip the large marshmallows into the water and then coat with the black sprinkles. Fill up the center of the pan with black marshmallows.
- Bake for 6 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven.
- Serve with graham crackers and dig in! We love the ooey gooeyness of this snack!
Notes: So, even though this is supposed to look like a solar eclipse, I kinda think it looks like a sunflower. I think maybe I would you smaller marshmallows for the yellow next time. Oh well, you got what I was going for, right?!
Other snacks you can serve on August 21st for the Total Solar Eclipse:
- Moon Pies
- Eclipse Gum
- Sun Chips
- Capri Sun
- Sunny D
- Milky Way Bars
- Cosmic Brownies
- Blue Moon Beer
- Sunkist Drink
- Sandwiches on Crescent Rolls
- Moon Cheese Platter
I’d love to hear what you are doing if you’re in the path of the Total Solar Eclipse on August 21st! Make sure to check out my free SVG file to make a Kids Eclipse Shirt!