It’s summertime and it seems like we are so busy and on the go. My son is forever telling me that he is hungry and wants more snacks. I’m always looking more a good variety of snacks that are also affordable. One of my favorite brands is Essential Everyday from Shop ‘n Save. I recently was inspired by their Tropical Trail Mix and made my own Tropical Sunshine Mix, omitting a few items to make it more kid-friendly.
Tropical Sunshine Mix
– 1 package of dried pineapple chunks
– 1 package of dried banana chips
– 3/4 cup of Essential Everyday Raisins
– 3/4 cup of Essential Everyday Walnut Halves and Pieces
– 1/2 cup of Essential Everyday Sweetened Coconut Flakes
– Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
– Store in air-tight container to snack on all summer!
The Tropical Sunshine Mix was a big hit with my son – and me! We store it in an air-tight container and it makes so much, you can snack on it for the rest of the summer! You can add different types of nuts or dried fruit if you want! The original recipe called for dried mango but my son isn’t a fan. All of the ingredients are available at Shop ‘n Save and this will definitely be a summer essential for us from now on!
You’ll find a wide variety of Essential Everyday products at Shop ‘n Save and you’ll want to check out their website for some more delicious recipes. Shop ‘n Save is the place to go for affordable groceries in Missouri and Illinois!
What’s your favorite summer snack to make?
Disclosure: I received compensation for this post. All thoughts, opinions and love for Shop ‘n Save is my own.