- Melissa asked me to write a “Getting to Know You” post about me. So I wrote, then erased, then wrote a bit more and erased it again. It’s so hard to write about yourself! The first draft was all about my kids-which I loved writing but I didn’t even mention myself! The second draft didn’t go so well either. I’m just not good at this! Putting a list of random facts together made me squirm a bit less. So… here we go! Hope I don’t bore you too much. 😉
1. I never pictured myself as growing up, getting married and settling down. Now I’ve been married for almost nine years and I’m a stay-at-home mom of three. I think about how lucky I am every day!
2. I love mayonnaise with olives, and spaghetti sauce with olives, and cheese with olives.
3. I don’t bleach or color the very back of my hair-the 2″ above the back of my neck. I feel it’s important to stay in touch with how dark my natural hair color is getting even though the whole thing hasn’t been “natural” since I was 20!
4. I have two younger brothers both of which are amazing musicians. The musical talent genes seemed to skip me!
5. Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night with an idea or a have-to-do item, so I keep a notepad in my nightstand. Otherwise I can’t go back to sleep!
6. I love/need coffee before I can think in the morning.
7. I have a “shower routine” that if I don’t follow-it totally throws me off and chances are good I will forget something and have to jump back in!
8. My second child was a successful vbac!
9. I keep a love note from my husband in my silverware drawer. When I’m having a hard day I read it.
10. If I didn’t have my husband I would either marry Paul Rudd or The Rock. Funny guys. What can I say?
11. I HATE waiting for things. I HATE things being “up in the air”. I love planning. It centers me.
12. I love the smell of my kids when they are sunblocked, dirty and sweaty from playing in the summer sun.
13. I have been a meat-eating vegan for 10 months now. I’m breastfeeding my youngest who has severe dairy/egg/nut allergies. I miss cheese so much sometimes!
14. I am strangely good at Etch a Sketch. And I had no idea until we got one for my kids and I busted out a beach scene. Too bad that is not a marketable skill, right?
15. I love crayons. Opening up a 64 count box makes me incredibly excited.
16. I can throw a frisbee equally well with my right and my left hand.
17. When we’re running low on groceries, I throw something unorthodox together and call it a “whatever-the-main-ingredient-is delight”. Like a “Broccoli Delight”. Ron cracked that code a while ago!
18. I’ve flown a small airplane.
19. I’ve been chosen as a 2011/2012 Glue Dots Dottess!
20. I love juice on cold cereal more than milk. (Which is a really good thing considering number 13!)