There’s just something about summer that makes you want to watch a good musical, right? No? Just me? Well, summer is when I roll down the windows, turn up the radio and sing along to songs and my son loves to join in – especially if it’s the soundtrack of Frozen! This summer he is actually participating in the church musical – it’s a Seussical Musical! It’s going to be a week of learning songs, set design, the technical stuff and more! He’s excited but to get him even MORE excited, we have been checking out some of the fun musicals over on Netflix.
– Shrek the Musical: If your kids loved Shrek, they will love this movie come to life on Broadway!
– Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: This is a classic movie that is a must-see for kids and it’s full of fun musical numbers!
– Rock-A-Doodle: Oh, how I loved this underrated movie growing up! The songs totally make the movie into a good time!
– High School Musical: We haven’t seen it yet, but it’s on our list to watch! Singing kids! Zac Efron!
– Camp Rock: Another tween and teen movie, but great to inspire young ones to sing and play music!
These fun movies will have us singing all summer long! And parents – if you’re looking for some fun musical yourself, you”ll love that two of my favorites are available to watch on Netflix streaming – Grease and Footloose! Oh, summer lovin’!
What movie musical are you looking forward to watching from Netflix?
Disclosure: I am part of the Netflix Stream team and compensation has been received. However, we have loved Netflix for years. All thoughts and opinions are my own.