Penang is located on the north coast of Malaysia and along the Malacca Strait. Well famous as the ‘Pearl of the Orient,’ the Malaysian state is divided into Penang Island and Seberang Perai. Today, it is considered to be one of the absolutely must-visit places to explore and ranks high on the bucket list.
Thankfully, it is easier to reach Penang, and it is easily accessible by air, and there are both international and domestic routes that link the state to local and international destinations. Take advantage of cheap Malaysia airlines flight tickets, and the airlines have become one of the most popular carriers among the tourists. Once you reach Kuala lumper, it is very easy to book flights from Kuala lumper to Penang and enjoy the business class and economy services at reasonable costs. Look for promotional deals and coupon codes provided by Malaysia Airlines on their tickets.
Escape to Penang and away from the hectic life of the urban city and immerse yourself in an exclusive experience rich with the culture and heritage of the place. Here are some of the most popular activities to enjoy while on a trip to Penang.
- Take a food tour of Penang under an expert guide and discover the very best and local specialties of the state. This is your chance to discover the edible hidden gems of the city, and the right way to do this is by trying out the street and hawker food in the back lanes. Get off the beaten track and interact with the locals to know where you can enjoy the best food in Penang with conclusive flavors of Asia and its delicacies and delectable desserts.
- Take a Trishaw ride to explore the city and its heritage. Just follow the map of the World Heritage Sites in George Town, and do not forget to carry an English-speaking guide on your ride. This is indeed the best and the most authentic way to explore and enjoy the great sights and stories of Penang. Get the most out of your Penang visit with this private Trishaw ride.
- Travel to Bukit Merah to look at the orangutans in their natural habitat. These wild animals are undergoing rehabilitation and are very undergoing rehabilitation. So, take a guided tour of a mangrove forest and Orangutan Island and take a close look at the endangered orangutans. During the process, you also discover the most stunning natural highlights of the area. There are plenty of charming souvenir shops in those nostalgic streets selling vintage and antiques. Wherever you go, you will find excellent photo opportunities.
- Take the Funicular Ticket to Penang Hill, which is the oldest British Hill Station, and the track stretches across almost to two thousand meters. Enjoy some stunning views as you go towards the summit, and the various viewing decks with gardens on the way, offer changing panoramic vistas for the tourists. Just soak up on the sweeping views of the island and admire the colonial-era architecture that dates back dating back to the 18th century as you explore the historic British hill station.
- Cruise through the Klias Wetlands in the wilderness for a thrilling afternoon and watch out for Silver Leaf monkeys, Proboscis, birds, and crocodiles along the way. Enjoy the tranquil beauty of the mangrove swamps and later arrive at Klias River Lodge. Do not miss the chance to spot the rare Silver Langur and Macaque monkey. It is indeed a joy to look at those fireflies within the mangrove trees. Enjoy traditional village food and gaze at the sunset as well as the glow of thousands of fireflies along the riverbanks of the rustic Klias Wetlands. It is indeed a mesmerizing trip that makes for an unforgettable experience.