One of my favorite movies of the year was Black Panther! I went into the theater expecting to enjoy it like any other Marvel movie but I wasn’t prepared to be completely blown away and walking around for months after saying #WakandaForever. My husband, son and I loved it so much and we couldn’t wait until the Black Panther Blu-ray and DVD came out!
Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther,” is a global cultural phenomenon that has thrilled and inspired generations of moviegoers around the globe. “Black Panther” is the highly celebrated story of T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman), a young African prince who takes on the mantle of King and Super Hero. The film has dominated the box office charts emerging as the third biggest movie of all time domestically with over $665 million.
Black Panther Blu-ray, DVD and Digital
Black Panther is available digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere NOW and you can get it on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand on May 15. You’ll want to make sure that you watch the Bonus Features and if you buy it on Digital, you’ll get some EXCLUSIVE features!
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- Director’s Intro
- From Page to Screen: A Roundtable Discussion – Delve into the film’s making
- Crowning of a New King – Explore the world of “Black Panther” in all its color and complexity
- The Warriors Within – Get to know Wakanda’s women and the actors who portray them
- The Hidden Kingdom Revealed – Wakanda’s diverse people
- Wakanda Revealed: Exploring the Technology
- Deleted Scenes
- U.N. Meet and Greet
- Okoye And W’Kabi Discuss the Future of Wakanda
- T’Challa Remembers His Father
- Voices from the Past
- Gag Reel
- Exclusive Sneak Peek at “Ant-Man and The Wasp”
- Marvel Studios the First Ten Years: Connecting the Universe
- Director’s Commentary
o In World Wakanda Tourism Ads
- Come to Wakanda “Before”
- Come to Wakanda “After”
If you’ve seen Black Panther, you know that vibranium is a metal that is found on Wakanda. In fact, vibranium is what makes Wakanda the amazing city it is. You might have heard of it before Black Panther because it’s what Captain America’s Shield is made of also.
- Chocolate cake mix, prepared as cupcakes
- 2 cups purple candy melts
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup purple sugar sprinkles
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 4 drop violet gel food coloring
Make sure that the cupcakes are completely cool before decorating. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. In a bowl, microwave (or use this Wilton Candy Melting Pot!) the purple candy and coconut oil in 30-second intervals until completely melted.
Pour melted candy on lined baking sheet. Top with sugar sprinkles and let set in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
Using a stand mixer, beat butter, powdered sugar, and milk on medium. Gradually increase the speed to high. Stop the mixer to add food coloring and then mix on high again. Your buttercream will form stiff peaks once it’s ready.
Using a piping bag, frost each of your cupcakes. Remove sprinkled candy from the refrigerator and break off into small pieces. Place a few candy pieces on each cupcake and serve these Black Panther Vibranium Cupcakes!
Are you excited for Black Panther on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital?
Disclosure: I received a copy for review purposes only. All thoughts and opinions are my own.