If you’ve been driving the same old rig for a couple of years, then you know the feeling of wanting a bit of change. But this doesn’t necessarily mean buying a new car. Sometimes all you need is to upgrade your ride with some features that make it more appealing and enhance its performance, like adding a bit of color or texture, introducing some entertainment and installing features that make your ride more fun, comfortable, and convenient.
As the car owner, you probably know some aspects of your car that if upgraded, can help improve its look or longevity. But then again, you still want to tread carefully and play it safe, especially if you’re new to the idea of car upgrades. Before making any upgrades, there are important things that you need to be aware of. For instance, some upgrades can affect your car’s warranty, so you’ll want to ensure that your upgrades are within the manufacturer’s limitations. In addition to this, some upgrades may compromise your safety and security. It’s important to know what each upgrade will do to your car and your safety before proceeding.
But even then, some needed upgrades may not be obvious to you. Without further ado, here are car upgrades you never thought you needed.
1. Audio System Upgrade
Listening to music while driving can make you happier, livelier, calmer, and more focused. Your driving experience can be less stressful, especially when on a long drive. However, this will largely depend on the audio quality you receive from your car sound system. If you’ve been relying on the same stereo that came with your car, then you’re probably missing out a lot. If you would consider the amount of time you spend in your car, then you’d see the need to upgrade your car’s entertainment system. According to Sam from Merely Music, it’s important to read more about car subwoofers that guarantee quality audio and fuller, clean, powerful sound when paired with quality tweeters. There’s a wide range of car subwoofers and stereo systems out there on the market, so reviews and some research will come in handy during your selection. Some other car audio system upgrades you may need but are not aware of may include:
- Full car entertainment system upgrades – Most aftermarket car entertainment systems are equipped with superior sound quality. This may include both audio and visual features to provide you with the best bass, great pictures, and overall sound quality that will bring a change in your driving experience.
- Customized entertainment system – Today, you don’t need to take your car back to the car dealership to have your entertainment system customized to your specifications. All you need is a qualified car sound engineer and the funds to finance the upgrade. Adding customized equalizers, subwoofers, and a graphic interface will definitely jazz up your ride.
2. A Paint Upgrade
There are endless possibilities to what you can achieve with a paint upgrade. As long as you’re within the legal boundaries and are not looking to impersonate the sheriff’s vehicle, you’re good! But before refreshing your car with a fresh coat of paint whether a glossy finish, solid, metallic, matte finish, or Pearlescent finish, it’s important to consider the costs that come with it. This is because it’s not always a cheap undertaking, especially when dealing with a professional. However, you still have the option of DYIng if you have the right equipment and the know-how. Complete the look by installing a private number plate that perfectly matches your car’s new appearance and personality.
3. Suspension Upgrades
Most states have rules that limit irregular height adjustments. However, this is legal as long as you’re within the limits. Not only will suspensions upgrade help to transform your car’s overall appeal, but it will also help to improve on performance issues along with your vehicle’s handling. With the right suspensions, taking your car for a spin or to work will always seem like a worthwhile accomplishment.
4. Engine Upgrades
While there are a plethora of upgrades that can help to enhance how your car looks, it’s also important to consider upgrades that will help to boost your car’s performance. However, you want to ensure that these modifications or upgrades will not tamper with fuel consumption or the engine’s life. Let’s take a look at various performance mods and upgrades that you may want to consider:
- Including a cold air intake – This device will ensure that your engine has access to air. Remember, the air is needed to help cool the engine and facilitate compression as well as combustion.
- Adding a cat-back exhaust – If you’re considering adding an air intake, then you’ll want to make sure that this air will escape through configured exhaust pipes that make it easier for air to escape with ease. You can also install a catalytic converter to efficiently decrease toxic gases and pollutants in the exhaust gas.
- Superchargers and turbochargers – As long as these devices won’t cause additional air pollution, then they are legal. Superchargers and turbochargers boost an engine’s performance by forcing in more air and in the process, creating more power.
The above, to mention but a few, are among the performance upgrades you may want on your engine. Now, it has to feel good driving a car that looks amazing, performs well, and sounds the part. You’ll, of course, stand out from the crowd and feel proud. There are no limits to what you can achieve with car upgrades apart from those set by the law. So make a choice and revamp your ride to not only look and feel good, but also to improve its longevity.