Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. I love getting into the holiday spirit and seeing through my children’s eyes is just magical! There’s also something just so special about a Baby’s First Christmas! Last year was Olivia and Evie’s first Christmas and we had such a fun time celebrating! Lots of pictures, toys and family time!
Baby’s First Christmas In-Store Events
If you’re also celebrating your little one’s first Christmas, Babies R Us has everything you need! Babies“R”Us stores across the country are hosting in-store events full of adorable activities to commemorate this memorable milestone, including playful storytime, photo opportunities and make-and-take ornament crafting. Parents will also receive the all-new Baby’s First Christmas Gift Guide, which features a curated assortment of items sorted by a baby’s age range and developmental stage. Those who attend the one-hour events will also have the opportunity to enjoy giveaways and win raffle prizes from top baby product manufacturers, while meeting and greeting with other moms and dads in their local area.
· Saturday, November 15: Babies born in April, May, June and July 2014
· Saturday, November 22: Babies born in August, September, October and November 2014
If you missed out on an event for the month your baby was born, feel free to join a different date that works for you!
Enter the #BRUChristmas Sweepstakes
Babies“R”Us has launched a “Baby’s First Christmas” Sweepstakes, which customers can enter now through Wednesday, November 26 at 11:59pm EST, for the chance to win amazing prizes. One grand prize winner will receive a $2,500 Babies“R”Us gift card, while the other prizes include a year’s worth of baby food from Gerber® and a year’s supply of diapers from Huggies®. Following are three available methods to enter the sweepstakes:
- Online: Visit Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmas to enter and view full contest rules and details.
- Mobile: Text FIRST to 72229*.
- Twitter or Instagram: Parents can share a photo on Twitter or Instagram (@BabiesRUs) of their babies’ celebrating their first holiday season using the hashtags #BRUChristmasand #Sweeps. Full contest rules and details can be found at Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmas.
Holiday Shopping Guide from THE Baby Product Experts
I know I’m not alone in wondering what to get my kids for Christmas, especially when they were younger. You want to make sure you are getting an age-appropriate gift! That’s why the product experts at Babies“R”Us have launched The Baby’s First Christmas Gift Guide to arm new parents and gift-givers with valuable information and targeted recommendations to help them be a holiday hero. An expanded version of the gift guide, can be viewed online at Babiesrus.com/FirstChristmas, which segments gift ideas by baby’s age so shoppers can easily identify playthings and other must-haves that will excite and delight them without leaving them frustrated.
- Ages newborn-3 months: Whether it’s the Rainforest™ Melodies & Lights Deluxe Gym™ from Fisher-Price® or the Sea Dreams Soother from Baby Einstein®, shoppers should look for toys that encourage touching and have eye-catching patterns, as little ones benefit from connecting with the world and all its new sights, sounds and textures.
- Ages 3–6 months: Reward baby’s curiosity with music, motion, sounds and bathtime fun with products like the ExerSaucer© Triple Fun World Explorer Plus from Evenflo® and theSuper Scoop & Organizer from Brica. Add a teether or two to soothe tender gums.
- Ages 6-9 months: With baby enjoying improved hand-eye coordination, blocks and balls will go a long way, including the Laugh & Learn Home Playset from Fisher-Price® and theBright Starts™ Having a Ball! ™ Hide & Spin Monkey™ from Kids II®, as well as a jumper for energetic little legs.
- Ages 9-12 months: From Giggly Gears™ Twirltable™ from Little Tikes® to MINNIE MOUSE Musical Touch ‘n Crawl from Fisher-Price®, gifts that encourage standing, walking and even language development through songs and rhymes are sure to be a hit.
- Ages 12 months and up: Little explorers are on-the-go and ready for fun ride-ons such as the Y Glider 3-in-1 from Yvolution™ and toys that surprise, with lots of buttons and moveable parts like the Alphabet Activity Cube from Vtech®.
With this broad assortment, gift-givers are sure to find something to put under the tree that will elicit smiles from babies and parents alike. Aside from the handpicked toy selection, the gift guide also highlights mealtime and on-the-go product suggestions, as well as unique keepsakes and picture-perfect holiday outfits. The products range from nostalgic gifts, such as My Baby’s First Christmas Bib from Koala Kids, to big-ticket items including the 4Ever™ 4-in-1 Car Seat from Graco®.
“Baby’s First Christmas” In-Store Boutique
Customers can browse a dedicated “Baby’s First Christmas” shop in Babies“R”Us stores nationwide, featuring nearly 200 items for little ones this holiday season. The shop is stocked with a variety of festive items, including holiday-themed clothing, plush toys, gingerbread house kits, tree decorations, Santa hats and stockings.
*Message and data rates may apply. Text HELP to 72229 for help. Text STOP to 72229 to end. For mobile terms and conditions, visit Babiesrus.com/mobile.
What was your favorite part of your Baby’s First Christmas?
Disclosure: I received a gift card. All thoughts and opinions are my own.