Energizer, the International Association of Fire Chiefs, and fire departments nationwide join forces for the Change Your Clock, Change Your Battery program to raise awareness of the importance of working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in helping to keep families safe in their homes. This is the 26th year for the annual program and the message is still an important one.
This last week I have been personally plagued by a beeping smoke detector, so this reminder is ALL too timely! Our smoke detectors are wired into the house and use a 9v battery as a backup. When that backup battery is low, it emits the tell-tale chirp that will drive you absolutely batty every 60 seconds.
Energizer offers an even simpler solution – Change your battery when you change your clock back on November 3rd or if you do it TODAY you will wake up right on time – so HURRY!). If you do it pre-emptively, you will avoid the craziness of running around with a 9 foot fiberglass ladder trying to figure out which one is beeping!
The Change Your Clock, Change Your Battery program is just one of the ways Energizer brings to life the company’s commitment to making a positive impact in communities across the country. That’s positivenergy™.
From now through November 3, visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes to win an additional Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day. Contained in the kit, valued at more than $167 is:
- One reusable grocery tote
- Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
- One Kidde fire extinguisher
- One 4-pack of Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries
- One 2-pack of Energizer® MAX® 9 volt batteries
- One 4-pack of Energizer® MAX® AA batteries
- Two Energizer Weatheready® LED Safety Light flashlights
- One Energizer Bunny® Plush Bunny
In addition you can find fire safety tips, a home escape plan that you can download and draw your family’s home escape plan, as well as a coloring and activity sheet.
Enter to win an Energizer Prize Pack!
- One 16-pack Energizer® MAX® AA Batteries years
- One 1-pack of Energizer® MAX® 9 volt batteries
- One Energizer® Weatheready® LED Safety Light flashlight – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries
- One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received the above product but all thoughts and opinions are my own.