I can hardly believe that Valentine’s Day is NEXT week! That’s not possible, how is this year already flying by? I’ve volunteered to help plan Hayden’s Valentine’s Day party at school and I’ve baked up a delicious treat that I plan on bringing – Cherry Vanilla Cupcakes!
These cupcakes were so easy to make and SO yummy! They are definitely sure to be a hit with both kids and adults. You could even bring them to a class party and let the kids decorate them with sprinkles, which is what Hayden had fun doing at home! I only wish I would have thought to put a cherry on top – I had the maraschino cherry juice but didn’t think of it!
Cherry Vanilla Cupcakes
– 1 stick butter, room temp
– 4 egg whites, room temp
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp. baking powder
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/4 tsp. baking soda
– 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice
– 3/4 cup buttermilk
– 1 1/2 cups sugar
– 2 teaspoons vanilla
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners.
– In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
– In a small bowl, mix together buttermilk and cherry juice.
– With an electric mixer, beat butter on high for 30 seconds. Add in the sugar and vanilla and then beat until combined.
– Add egg whites and bet well.
– Alternate adding the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture and beat on low speed until combined.
– Spoon the cupcake mixture into the liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake for 15 minutes.
– Remove and let cool completely before frosting.
– 2 sticks butter, room temp
– 4 cups powdered sugar
– 3 tablespoons cherry juice or milk
– In large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth.
– Gradually add in powdered sugar, mixing at the same time.
– Add in maraschino cherry juice and then beat in more powdered sugar.
– Frost the cupcakes! I like to use a Wilton bag and an Open Star 1M tip.
– Optional: Decorate with Valentine’s Day sprinkles!
these look amazing!! and how fun is cherry for valentines day??
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers says
Yum! Your cupcakes look amazing! Love the cherry flavor!!
Robin (Masshole Mommy) says
SOLD! Cherry and vanilla were made to be eaten together, so I am definitely trying these 🙂
Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama says
Cherry vanila was always one of my mom and I’s favorite flavors in dessert. I’m glad you captured it in a cupcake!
I love maraschino cherries and can eat them right from the jar. I’d like to try these for myself
Kenda Smith says
When I was pregnant I ate entire jars of maraschino cherries (bad, I know). Having these might restart that addiction! I think I’m willing to take the chance because they look delicious!
I love cherry flavoured anything! I am so going to make these.
Crystal @ Surviving a Teacher's Salary says
OH they look so festive for Valentine’s Day!! What an awesome idea! I bet my son’s class at school would devour these in a heartbeat!
Katy Rawson says
These look so good. I love cherry and would have never thought of baking with maraschino cherry juice. I’m not that creative. LOL I’ll have to give these a try on Valentine’s Day and surprise my kids.
Susanna @Zealous Mom says
These look delicious! I do not like store-bought cupcakes, but I LOVE homemade cupcakes, so I will definitely be trying these.
Amy @ Marvelous Mommy says
These are so cute! I love the sprinkles and the way you did the icing! Pinning!
Pauline C. says
These cupcakes are sooo pretty and they sound so delicious! I gotta try this 😉
Christina S says
I can’t remember the last time I made cake from scratch. These are cute and sound easy and yummy!
Your cupcakes look so good! I am going to try to make these this weekend!
Those look so good! I’m going to have to try this flavor combination!
My favorite thing about Valentine’s Day is I know a cupcake or two is going to work its way into this house. 🙂 I love that. 🙂 These look great!
I can’t wait to try this recipe! And all your other cupcake recipes look great too !
Cassie @ Southeast by Midwest says
These look and sound yummy. I can’t wait to make and try them 🙂
Eliz Frank says
Your cupcakes look quite tasty.and I also love the pretty pink shade… Now, I need to come visit you. 😆
I love cupcakes! And these are gorgeous!!
I love cherry vanilla anything. These would be a fun treat for Valentine’s Day.
These look delicious! I’m off to pin.
These are pretty. I bet they were yummy too!
Your Cupcake recipe looks great, I am definetly trying this over the weekend!!!
alena svetelska says
those pretty cupcakes looks so delicious.My daughter having birthday next month i will try to make them for her.
The cupcakes look so yummy! Thank you for the recipe