Jewelries can never be enough, isn’t it? But keeping them organized is the biggest deal. As we keep our clothes and other accessories organized, jewelries are also meant to be kept organized instead of piling up. Jewelries are sometimes the perfect epitome of some amazing memories, like that one pair of magnificent Tanzanite earrings you got from your grandma as a family heirloom, your first owned diamond necklace, your favorite sets of minimal jewelry and the list continues. Each piece carries a heart-warming story with it and keeping them safe and beautiful as they are comes as a huge task.
Before jumping into the organizing part, first what you have to do is take out all of your jewelry pieces and divide them into several groups. Neckpieces at one place, within that your daily wears,ethnic pieces and minimals should be parted, same goes with earrings and rings. You might also help your partner to sort his jewelry. The procedure remains the same and mens bracelets should be stored in a different container. Jewelries except those that are damaged are never meant to get rid of so follow these few ways to keep them undamaged.
- Maintain Drawers – Make a separate drawer beside your dressing table or in the bathroom, wherever you want to keep your daily wear jewelry. This way the pieces are easily accessible and you will be aware if you ever forget where you kept them. And if you have enough space in there then put a jewelry tray and increase your jewelry keeping area.
- Jewelry pocket organizer – Hang one or two pocket organizers in your wardrobe or beside your dressing table and manage to keep your sets of rings and stud earrings in them. You can also use them to keep the necklaces one in each pouch to avoid the tangling and rusting.
- Jewelry Box – Stacking your jewelries in a jewelry box is probably the best idea. You can keep your ethnic or expensive pieces safe in the boxes. This avoids most of the damage and keeps them intact. Also the boxes help you identify which pieces are kept where and piling them one on the other saves a lot of space than scattering your jewelry.
- Jewelry organizer stand – Keep your daily wear necklaces, earrings,hoops and bracelets organized in a jewelry stand on your drawer or on your vanity. It will be visible and you won’t have to rush everytime to find your regulars. You can also keep a small organizer stand for your rings as well. This makes availability very easy.
- Try hooks – Drill some pretty hooks to your wall and hang your pearl necklaces or pendant necklaces to avoid damage and tangling. This method serves your two purposes; one is, it comes as a perfect organizer for necklaces and second, it becomes a part of your room decor.
- Painter’s pallet – Try keeping your jewelry in a quite big painter’s pallet on your bedside drawer or on a desk in front of the mirror. You can stuff that with your stud earrings, rings and wrist watches or bracelets. To add in more space, add a cup to it to hold your makeup brushes or combs. This is a very chic and smart method of organizing jewelry.
- Divided jewelry organizer – You can shop divided trays. They have divided space so you can keep your necklaces or earrings in it. Select a particular area for a particular jewelry so that it does not get mixed up and can be found easily. This you can DIY too with unused cutlery holders or ice-cube trays.
- Stones Or Crystals – If you are seeking for a very aesthetic storage option then you can use your mesmerizing stones and crystals to flaunt your stackable rings or earrings. This gives a fresh look to your room decor and turns out to be a very thoughtful storage option.
- Placing dishes – Buy some colourful and unique dishes to place in various places of your room. Designed dishes in the shape of pearl shells or stars, changes your storage and decor games. Dishes are perfect to keep every kind of jewelry although each one should be separately used for specific jewelries.
- Use of any Vintage Box – If you have an extraordinary vintage box then use it to keep your expensive pieces. Give it a more royal look by layering the inside with a velvet cloth. You can also use the box to display your ring collection and if the box has compartments, use one for earrings and the other for backs of the earrings.
These were some of the interesting ways to keep your jewelry good as new. Try some DIYs to take the notch up. You can go for woods and wall hanging frames and try out new ways to store your jewelry.