Yes, it’s winter and you may not be thinking that in a few months it could be unbearably hot but it’s best to stay prepared, right? We’ve owned our house for over 8 years and each year that summer hits, I’m afraid that we will have to shell out the money to buy a new air conditioner. So if you’re looking for some ways to stay cool this upcoming summer, here you go!
- Keep the fridge and freezer stocked with plenty of cool treats. Frozen bottles of water, ice cream, and ice pops are great ways to cool your body off.
- Stop cooking! Of course, you still have to cook dinner but when you use your oven, it just heats up the kitchen and the house. During the summer months, I like to put together cold meals like chicken caesar salad, sandwiches and cold pasta salad.
- Keep the curtains and blinds closed during the day to block out the sun. It will keep the natural light out but it will also keep the heat out of the house!
- Get out of the house and go somewhere cool – the library or seeing the latest summer blockbuster are great ideas and will keep you cool for a few hours.
- Sometimes, it’s just best to invest in a quality air-conditioning unit. Luckily, you can get air conditioners on offer at Deepchill to help you stay cool in the summer! You’ll get a high quality air conditioning unit brought to you by an expert team.
I love summer so much more than winter but there’s days that I definitely don’t enjoy the heat! We try to use some of the above ideas to stay cooled off and it usually is a huge help. I’d love to hear some of your ideas on how you cool off in the summer!