As a Dottess, I am given challenges to complete every month using Glue Dots®! This month, a very fun project: teal and orange party decor!
First up, a lovely and so easy to make Paper Garland!
- Circle & Oval Punches (or really any shape you would like!)
- Glue Dots® Craft Dots
- Punch out lots of shapes from the cardstock.
- Place aGlue Dots® Craft Dot on a circle, place the string on top of the Glue Dot and sandwich it with the same shape & size shape.
- Add more shapes in the same manner and soon you have a very cheery garland perfect for any occasion!
Any party usually has a surface to decorate, a table or a side table for serving drinks and munchies. What better to continue the color theme of the party than this fun Woven Table Runner!
- Paper Cutter
- Two sheets 8 1/2 X 11″Cardstock in two colors (4 sheets total)
- Glue Dots® Ultra Thin Glue Dots Dispenser
- In each sheet of paper, cut six 1″ X 11″ strips and five 1/2″ strips of paper. Create a pattern. I used my paper cutter’s grid to make sure they stayed square with each other.
- Replicate the pattern going the other direction by weaving the strips of paper. Secure paper where they meet with Glue Dot from dispenser.
- Continue weaving strips of paper following your pattern. Make sure you stay a consistent width apart. I used 1/2″ between each strip of paper, regardless of the width. When I reached the end of the strip, I shortened the strips so the raw edges would not show when I flipped the runner over.
- I did want a longer table runner, so I added additional strips of paper to increase the length of the runner.
- I continued adding strips staying consistent with my pattern and the 90 degree angles.
- And before I knew it, I had a really fun table runner of the perfect size for my end table! I trimmed the edges so I had a bit of overhang on each short end and a bit of random whimsy along the longer side.
I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team.