I can’t believe it, but it’s almost time to change our clocks back from Daylight Saving Time! The time change is this Sunday, November 4 and it’s also a great time to make sure that all the batteries are changed in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. I have to admit, I’m terrible at remembering to change the batteries until it starts beeping at me, but changing them during this time of year is a great idea.
38% of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms, while 24% occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries. Those are some scary stats!
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the annual Change Your Clock Change Your Battery®program. Energizer and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are working with local fire departments nationwide to raise awareness on the importance of working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in helping to keep families safe in their homes.
Energizer is honoring its 25th year by donating 250,000 batteries to fire departments across the country to distribute to local families in their areas and adopting 25 fire departments in 25 cities across the nation, who, in addition to batteries, will be equipped with a variety Energizer® family safety products for their department and to share in their communities. Together, they will host Home Safety Days and neighborhood canvasses spanning throughout National Fire Prevention Month in October until the end of daylight saving time on Sunday, Nov. 4.
This is such an important thing to remember to do so when you are changing your clocks back on November 5th, also make sure to change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors – you could be saving your life!
Energizer is also giving away a Family Safety Kit valued at $150 over on the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page! Click on the Fire Safety Info Tab and you will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes to win an additional Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day through November 4th!
Those kits will include:
· One reusable grocery tote
· Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
· One package of Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries
· One package of Energizer® MAX® Batteries (AA) with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 10 years
· Two Energizer flashlights
· Two Energizer Flameless Wax Candles
· One Energizer Bunny Plush Bunny
To help get your family prepared, Energizer is giving one reader a Family Safety Kit!
Inside the Family Safety Kit valued at $78, you’ll find:
· One 2-pack of Energizer® MAX® Batteries (9v) with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 5 years
· One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax
· One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
· One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
Disclosure: I received the above product for review purposes only. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Giveaway is US only.