Growing up in St. Louis, Gooey Butter Cake has been a staple at parties and holidays. It’s a cake that is sweet, rich and just so delicious! I’ve never attempted to make the cake but I started seeing Gooey Butter Cookies recipes pop up and decided I needed to make it myself!
These cookies are super easy to make and I think you’ll love them! I found the recipe from Betty Crocker but I know Paula Deen makes a version too.
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until well blended. Stir in vanilla and egg.
- Add cake mix and stir until well combined.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- Sprinkle more powdered sugar on top!