I am so excited about today’s guest poster!
I spent so much time on her blog and I love it. She’s hilarious and honest. I guarantee you will love her!
Hello all you sippy cup momma’s out there! My name is Erin and I am the creator and author of Living In Yellow.
1- I have never been a guest blogger. Ya see, I’m a new kid in town who just entered this blogging world 3 months ago. Why oh why she would want a rookie on her fabulous blog is beyond me. Thankfully, I’m not going to question it and just roll with it…
2- I am not a momma. Meaning no sippy cups belong in this household. Although, come to think of it..I probably should invest in some. I have a tendency to spill anything & everything that I come in contact with.
While I have no children as of yet, I am SO excited for when that day comes.
Please know I (sincerely) admire each and every one of you momma’s out there.
3- This is definitely the most people I’ve ever exposed myself to in one setting. Calm down…I’m talking in blogger terms here people 🙂
With all that being said, please excuse my nervousness…Its kind of a big deal.
As my introductory post to ya’ll, I’ve decided to share with you a few of my Awkward/Awesome moments that appear weekly on my blog.
Melissa apparently found these a little bit funny so I figured-maybe you’d think the same?
And hey..if you do like them, come around my parts of town every Thursday.
You’ll be sure to see more of them. Lets begin shall we?
1. Babysitting a goldfish for your best friend…and losing it. You read it correctly. I lost my best friends goldfish. After searching through every kitchen cupboard, toilet seat, and mattress, I cut my losses and wrote a little note. Nothing says “welcome back from vacation” quite like this:
Needless to say, I don’t get asked to watch children very often. Oops. Oh, and the fish? Still don’t know where the crazy thing wandered off to. Your guess is as good as mine..
2. How I looked when I was 15 years old. Thank you friends and family for failing to mention I wore so much eyeliner you couldn’t see my eyeballs. Lord, please protect my children from such mishaps.
3. Saying to somebody “Oh my gosh, did you hear that….(fill in the blanks with something you can’t wait to tell the person & slightly exaggerate along the way). And then have that person tell you “Umm, I told you that. And that part you said about (insert exaggerated part )…wasn’t how it was.” Busted. Except I would never exaggerate a story, that was just hypothetically speaking of course.
4. Couples who feel the need to sit directly next to each other at dinner when dining alone, rather than across from each other. Unless you are dining straight out of your partner’s ear, I don’t see how this is convenient in any way? What happened to looking into each other’s eyes being romantic? Is staring at the side of a nose the new thing now? Just don’t get it.
1. Driving up to a stop light and turning your head to witness a monkey staring you in the face. And no, I do not mean an overly hair man. I mean a real true life monkey. Swinging in the drivers side, with a onesie on none the less. Try telling me this has happened to you too. You can’t. That’s why its so awesome.
2. My new routine of falling asleep earlier on the weekends than I do during the week. My new hot spot at 8 pm on Saturday night? A little place I like to call my bed. I would invite you to try it with me but that might end up falling in the awkward category. Sorry Charlies.
Isn’t she pretty? Come and win it. Seriously. I’d be honored to give it to you =)
…Well kids, that’s all I’ve got for now. Thank you for being such a lovely audience, I had so much fun and hope you did too.
I didn’t even have to say “uummmm” every other word, or drink 8,000 sips of water to get through it. Phew…
Please stop by Living In Yellow and tell me you saw me here!
It’d make my day. Now go make yours…
Love ya’ll 🙂