My kids LOVE gummy bears and are always asking for them. I’ve tried the organic ones or “healthier” ones but they are still usually full of sugar or dyes. I am loving this recipe for homemade gummy bears with a hidden vegetable -and my kids are too! They are also much easier to make than I thought!
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup carrot juice
- 3 Tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- silicone gummy bear mold
- Combine juices together in small saucepan over low/medium heat. Stir with whisk.
- Gradually whisk small amounts of gelatin into juice mixture, stirring continuously.
- Continue stirring over low/medium heat until the ingredients are well combined and the gelatin has melted into the mixture.
- Place gummy bear mold onto baking sheet. The baking sheet keeps the mold stable as you put it into the refrigerator.
- Use eyedropper to fill bears in mold making sure to fill each bear up to the top. Use dropper to pop any bubbles that may appear in bears.
- Place mold in refrigerator for one hour.
- Pop gummy bears out of mold and store in an airtight container. These need to be refrigerated.
What do you think? Will you give these homemade gummy bears with carrots a try?