Chiropractic therapy offers a broad range of treatment options that may help ease the pain in your back. Chiropractors’ services may be helpful in treating back pain caused by a range of conditions, including:
- Back issues, including strains
- Lumbar intervertebral disc injury that does not need surgery
- When a patient complains of back discomfort, how precisely can a chiropractor determine the source of the problem?
- Your chiropractor will first do a thorough examination to establish the underlying cause of your back pain before recommending a treatment plan.
- Your chiropractor will do a series of physical and neurological tests to detect any areas of mobility limitation. As a last option, they may use motion and static palpation, which mixes movement and touch.
- In addition, the chiropractor will look at your overall posture and the alignment of your spine when you’re walking about.
- Your chiropractor may also use imaging methods such as X-rays and MRIs, and laboratory tests to help pinpoint the cause of your back discomfort.
- The more accurately your chiropractor can pinpoint the source of your back pain, the more effectively they can develop a treatment plan to relieve your discomfort.
Your chiropractor may recommend a spine surgeon if they feel that you might benefit more from surgery for your back problem. But your chiropractor may also identify whether an issue that can be remedied medically or surgery causes your back pain. The chiropractor in Vaughan, ON is the best choice in such a case.
- Chiropractors Offer Back Pain Treatments
Treatment for your back pain may include chiropractic treatment approaches, including spine manipulation, manual techniques, therapy tools and therapeutic exercises.
If you are considering chiropractic treatment for your back pain, you can use a chiropractic directory to find a qualified chiropractor in your area. There are many different directories available online, so you can compare different chiropractors and their services before making a decision.
- Spinal manipulation is used in the treatment of the following conditions
The flexion-distraction approach is a gentle kind of spine manipulation that doesn’t need any pressing at all. Instrument-assisted manipulation is another technique that does not require any pushing. The chiropractor will utilize a hand-held instrument to provide force as an alternative to using their hands.
- Specific spinal manipulation, an active, hands-on therapy, may help restore spinal mobility.
- As part of the therapy for your back pain, your chiropractor may also use manual procedures. Examples of manual therapy include:
- Tool-assisted soft tissue therapy is a technique in which a small instrument performs repeated strokes on a body component with a restricted range of motion.
- Manual joint stretches and resistance exercises may help relieve back pain.
- Tight back muscles may benefit from massage therapy.
Trigger point therapy is a technique chiropractors use to detect and treat specific areas of discomfort and tightness in a muscle.
It is also possible to treat muscle inflammation using a variety of technologies. Inferential electrical stimulation, in which a low-frequency electrical current is used to activate the target muscles, is one example of this technique.
- What are the specific benefits of chiropractic therapy for those with back pain?
Preventative methods, such as those recommended by your chiropractor, may help keep your back pain at bay in the first place. Rather than focusing on the patient’s back, chiropractors treat the “whole person,” not just the patient’s back pain. This allows patients to increase the number of everyday activities gradually.
You will learn how to stop your present back pain from worsening and prevent back pain from arising in the future via chiropractic therapy.