Finding the best combi boiler for your home is so important. In terms of cas they can be some of the cheapest new boiler installations in the UK. Here are some things you will need to look at and a quick list of the best boiler brands at the moment.
We considered these factors when deciding which combi boilers are best in 2022.
- The warranty period provided by the brand is a key indicator of how long the boiler will be in service
- Based on reviews from customers, the overall brand reputation
- Trustpilot reviews
- You can also get awards and other accolades, e.g. Which? Best Buy Awards
- Performance of customer service
- Their boiler prices
- Efficiency ratings
The Best Combi Boilers in 2022 (By brand)
This is a great place to begin. Here are the top 6 combi boiler brands in the UK, as of 2022.
- #1 Viessmann Combi Boilers
- #2 Alpha Combi Boilers
- #3 Vaillant Combi Boilers
- #4 Worcester Bosch Combi Boilers
- #5 Ideal Combi Boilers
- #6 BAXI Combi Boilers
Most Frequently Asked Questions
What is a combi boiler?
The combi boiler receives coldwater directly from the mains water supply. The gas fuel is burned to create heat which is then transferred from the combustion chamber into the water via a heat exchanger.
The thermostat in your home can detect temperature changes and send a signal to your boiler. The boiler will respond by heating the water and pumping it through the system to the radiators.
Once you have reached the desired temperature, the boiler will decrease its heat output and keep the status quo. This will help to reduce energy waste while still keeping your home warm.
A component in the boiler, called the diverter valve, will turn off hot water from the taps if someone uses them.
After the tap has been turned off, the central heating position will be restored by the diverter. You can direct hot water to either the central heating or water outlets but not both at once.
You might be feeling left out if you don’t have a combi boiler.
We can confirm that a combi boiler lives up to its hype.
These hot water heaters provide hot water at your hot water demand and central heating. They could be called com- i. Both are its favorite.
It’s more than just the convenience of hot water instantly without needing to notify a huge metal tank 24 hours in advance that you wish to take a bath.
A combi boiler can also heat water efficiently, up to 98% efficiency. This number is just 2% lower than 100% according to a mathematician.
Installation of a combi boiler costs
A variety of factors affect the cost of a central heating boiler. These include:
- Type of boiler that you have installed, e.g. You can choose to have a combi, regular, or system boiler.
- You can choose the boiler model that you like, e.g. You can choose from a mid- or a premium range.
- You can move your boiler to the attic if you wish. You can move your boiler from the garage to the attic.
- You can convert your boiler to e.g. You can convert your boiler from regular to combi.
- Add-ons, such as smart controls or filters, that you buy e.g. filters, smart controls etc.
View the most recent prices for our combi boilers.
A simple combi swap is one of the most popular and basic types of central heating boiler installation. You can replace your old combi boiler with a new one. This is much easier than replacing your combi boiler with a system boiler.
It is because conversions are more difficult to install and require more labor and materials. There is more to it all.
Your boiler model can also impact the cost. A good company offers value-oriented brands like Alpha as well as award winning premium brands like Worcester Bosch and Viessmann.