Yes, you read that, right! We are talking about eating pizzas and that too while dieting. While many believe that pizza is unhealthy and junk. It is not so. You can also have it healthily. Pizza is surely one of irresistible food dishes and, rather, a guilty pleasure for many. If asked, it will be the last thing you would want to give up on. So, why not have it the healthy way. No, this does not give you the liberty to order a cheese-dripping pizza. To eat pizza on a diet, you have to consider several things. Also, if you can’t make a pizza at home, food joints like Pizza Hut, Dominos, and others allow you to customize. Additionally, Pizza Hut offers you savings of up to 42%. Apply Pizza Hut coupon at the checkout to avail enticing discount. Isn’t it a steal deal to keep your pocket and body healthy while buying a pizza at Pizza Hut? So, here’s all that you must do to satisfy your food cravings while on a diet.
Do’s and don’ts while eating pizza on a diet
A pizza diet for weight is quite a fantasy. However, that does not mean you can stack on whichever ingredients you want to. You certainly need to note what you add to your pizza and what you don’t. After all, diets are all about maintaining nutritional value. A nutritionally well-balanced pizza plays an important role in maintaining the diet. It isn’t a low-calorie food, but when combined with other light meals, it suffices the body’s nutrition intake well. So, before you get binging on your share of pizzas, here are the do’s and don’ts you must consider while eating pizza when on a diet:
- Personal pizza sounds good: Try eating a pizza which has a size proportional to a meal. Eating a family size pizza will surely ruin all your diet plans. Have good control over the amount of the meal you have.
- Pizza toppings should be healthy: Taking your diet into account, do not overload the pizza with any toppings. Go for the healthy ones—these including topping it with loads of proteins and veggies. Try having a thin crust, and keep it light with bread and cheese. Some healthy pizza options you can opt from include thin crust, whole wheat chicken, and veggies. Brands like pizza hut and dominos surely have ample of healthy options for you to go well with your diet.
- A big for sodas with pizza: People have this habit of consuming sodas and beverages and pizza. This is where the main issue takes place. Do not intake soda right after having pizza. This leads to a lot of calories going down in your body.
- Remove the excess grease off your pizza: When you find some extra cheese or oil topped on your pizza, try wiping it off. It will surely save you some extra 50 calories. Also, it will save you from spoiling your clothes due to the extra cheese and oil.
- Add lean proteins: This will tempt you less to go for another pizza slice. Various pizzas contain tons of unsaturated fats. Just skip and choose healthy fats instead. These include grilled chicken, sliced ham, etc.
- Making pizza at home? Go for these customizations: If you are just planning a fun cooking day and making pizza at home all by yourself, here are some things you can consider to make your pizza even healthier:
- Make sauce at home itself. The canned sauce contains a lot of unhealthy sugar-loaded ingredients.
- Add lots of veggies and protein-rich toppings.
- Avoid deep-filled cheesy crusts. If you are adding cheese on top, do not add it inside the pizza. You are on dieting and do not want to ruin it.
- Use coconut flour instead of white flour. It has fewer carbs. You can even opt for gluten-free flour.
- An even healthier option is to go completely flourless. They are ample ways with which you can do that.
- Whole grain crust: This is the best option one should opt for. The majority of the food joints offer this. You can completely trust the whole grain crust to not hamper your diet in any way.
- Choose pizza meals as per your convenience: You consume pizza three times a day or just as one full meal, keeping the other two light. Depending on your diet requirements, choose the most suitable one for yourself. However, when you have a diet plan, stick to it to get your body in shape, and maintain physical fitness.
This is a very common thing that you crave for something the most when you are asked not to. That is why we do not ask you to completely cut it off. Rather, shift towards healthier options. You can go to several food joints, including Pizza Hut and Dominos, and choose from some really healthy options. You can even customize them according to your diet requirements. Further, Pizza Hut also offers some amazing deals for you to choose from. So, if you are just one of those crazy pizza lovers, no worries, you can still keep up with your diet while eating pizza!