If you are a camping person, you would surely be familiar with the pop up tents. The ultimate solution to avoid hours of struggle in setting up a tent on your own.
What is a pop up tent?
Pop up tents are basically instant tents. Unlike the regular tents that can take a whole lot of your effort in setting them up.
As the name implies, you are supposed to open it up and wait as it transforms into a complete tent.
Not only that, these tents can also provide plenty of room to settle down. You can easily carry them around and set them up wherever and whenever you want. These pop up tents can have multiple other pros as well. Such as they can be waterproof, provide UV protection etc.
Obviously with all that ease comes the cons.
Just as easy they are to set up and then break down, folding it can get just equally hard.
Folding the pop up tent into a compact size so that it can fit easily inside your bag can be tricky to master.
You can always go for some easy designs that require minimum efforts to fold, but still self-educating yourself a little bit in this matter can be of no harm.
This article will be a guide to learn how to fold a pop up tent. And after you have gone through the steps below you can also filter the internet for some best pop up tents to purchase and get going.
How to fold a pop up tent?
- Before you start folding, make sure your tent is not wet or dirty. If it is, let it dry and clean it up so that you don’t end up with a smelly tent or breed mold.
- Now you will have to pull out the stakes from the ground and wipe them clean as well.
- Moving forward, you will now be folding the tent. Stand anywhere beside the tent and watch for the tent poles. These are the arches on the left and right side, that make up the tent’s point. Collectively grasp them together and bring down the both.
- Now reach towards the bottom poles and fold them up over the top poles, in a manner that you are holding the four poles altogether. At this point, the tent will resemble with a taco.
- Flip the tent so the open side of the taco is resting against the ground. This will allow the air to escape from within.
- After you have flipped the tent, you need to bring down the back of the taco to your other hand and flatten it on the ground.
- Now, on the ground you have to slide the halves together. And at this point the tent may seem like two circles that are side by side. You are supposed to pull one circle over another now. And your tent will be ready to pack.
- Slightly press down the poles to eliminate any excess air. This will help in further flattening the tent.
- Your tent has been folded, you can now zip it within your bag.