Collagen is the principal building block of the body’s skin, tendons and ligaments, bones, muscles, and other connective tissues. Collagen levels naturally decline and break down with age, As you get older, your body reduces its collagen production rate. Environmental factors like stress, smoking, ultraviolet rays, and pollution also degrade your skin’s collagen levels.
Apply collagen directly to the skin after exfoliating, cleansing, and toning but before moisturizing. For optimal results, consider using a high-quality collagen cream such as XYZ Smart Collagen Cream. You can also apply a serum before the cream but do not wear more than three serums if layering. How well you incorporate a collagen cream into your routine also determines how well your skin can absorb it.
Here is how you can include collagen cream for your face into your skincare routine.
Collagen Cream For Face Skincare Routine
Taking it slow is vital when trying out a new skincare routine. Start by trying the collagen cream for the face, following all the product instructions, and building it from there. Here’s how to incorporate it into the routine:
- Step 1: Use a gentle cleanser to cleanse. If necessary, you can also exfoliate.
- Step 2: Gently apply face mist or toner to your face using cotton pads or a spray bottle. Avoid the eye area.
- Step 3: Apply any serum you have in your routine and allow it to dry for 4-5 minutes. If you’re layering serums, go from the one with the lightest consistency to the heaviest. Allow a 3-5 minute gap between each serum but do not use more than three serums at a go.
- Step 4: While your face is still slightly moist, apply the collagen cream to your face and neck in a circular motion.
- Step 5: Complete your routine by applying a moisturizer and sunscreen. If this is your night routine, apply night cream here.
Tips When Using Collagen Cream
You can apply collagen cream once or twice daily depending on your needs; however, adding it to your night routine is always advisable. To maximize absorption, always use the cream before any sunscreen or moisturizer. Apply the cream directly after cleansing and toning.
When applying collagen cream to the face in the morning, always finish your routine with sunscreen because many ingredients are sensitive to sunlight. You can start using collagen cream for face as early as your twenties. Use it thrice a week if in your early twenties, then gradually progress to once daily, then eventually twice daily.
If you are in your mid-twenties and older, start using the cream once daily, then progress to twice daily.
Benefits of Adding Collagen Cream To Your Skin Care Routine
The most noticeable advantage of using collagen cream for the face is youthfulness. Due to the hydration, elasticity, and strength, your skin gains a visibly youthful appearance. The cream will also make your skin appear:
- Firm and smooth
- Dewy and plump
- Brighten and revitalize the delicate eye area
- To have a healthy glor
- Supple and bouncy
Restore Your Youthful Glow With Collagen
Incorporating a collagen cream into your routine is crucial to keeping your skin healthy and reversing the effects of aging on the skin. It’s never too late to start your journey with collagen. There are the best collagen supplements available in the market today to choose from. For best results, consistently apply the cream in your routine and start the journey to restoring your skin’s youthful glow.