Crafting supplies provided!
Just in time for the holidays, 20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Entertainment are bringing us a lova-bull, feel-good family story with Ferdinand!
Ferdinand” tells the story of a giant bull with a big heart. After being mistaken for a dangerous beast, he is captured and torn from his home. Determined to return to his family, he rallies a misfit team on the ultimate adventure. Set in Spain, Ferdinand proves you can’t judge a bull by its cover.
From Blue Sky Studios and Carlos Saldanha, the director of “Rio” and inspired by the beloved book “The Story of Ferdinand” by Munro Leaf and Robert Lawson, “Ferdinand” is a heartwarming animated comedy adventure with an all-star cast that includes John Cena, Kate McKinnon, Gina Rodriguez, Anthony Anderson and many more.
And to help you get into the holiday spirit, I’m showing you how to make your very own Ferdinand-inspired ornament!
What You’ll Need:
- Mini ceramic mug
- Printable cutouts of Ferdinand & friends – click here to download
- White twine
- Brown twine
- Green ribbon
- Strong craft glue
- 1 Popsicle stick
- 1 bell
1. Thread the white twine through the bell, then tie a knot to secure. You can use a sewing needle to help pull the twine through if it gets caught.
2. Glue the knotted end of the twine to the inside center of your ceramic mug, using the Popsicle stick to push it into place.
3. Carefully turn the mug over, then tie a knot in the piece of brown twine and glue it to the top center of the mug, using the Popsicle stick once again. Print and cut out your Ferdinand pictures and glue them to the side of the mug as desired. (My mug already had a fun Ferdinand print on it, so I skipped this step!) Allow the glue to dry for 24 hours.
4. Once the glue has dried, tie the green ribbon around the base of the brown twine and tie in a knot. Hang on your tree and enjoy! Merry Christmas!