If there’s two things I love about summer, it’s ice cream and s’mores! Now these s’mores don’t actually include ice cream but they do look like adorable and delicious ice cream cones! Your kids -and you – will love these ice cream cone s’mores!
This recipe will yield 4 Smores cones.
– 8 sheets of Graham crackers
– Marshmallows – 4 large and 16 small
– 2 Hershey solid chocolate bars – regular size
– 4 tablespoons of Hershey’s hot fudge sauce
– Multi-colored sprinkles
– 4 Maraschino cherries with stem
1. Take out a a sheet of graham crackers from the sleeve. (This will be 2 squares attached to each other or 8 quarter pieces).
2. Cut the bottoms of each sheet diagonally to resemble an ice cream cone. To make four Smores cones, you will cut 8 sheets (one for the front and one for the back).
3. Cover the back graham cone side with pieces of chocolate bar. Add small marshmallows on top.
4. Place the front graham cone side on top and microwave for 45 seconds. Let cool.
5. Microwave 1/4 cup hot fudge sauce in a microwave-safe bowl. Let cool for one minute.
6. Spoon the fudge sauce over the top of the large marshmallows. Let set for a few minutes.
7. Sprinkle multi-colored sprinkles on top of the fudge coveted marshmallow. Let dry for additional 5 minutes.
8. Insert a large wooden toothpick in the middle of each large marshmallow and push the bottom of the toothpick into the top of the Smores cone. Be sure to have the top of the toothpick protruding out of the top of the marshmallow.
9. Insert a maraschino cherry onto the toothpick at the top of the marshmallow.
10. OPTIONAL : insert cookie sticks for ease of handling.