The LEGO Ninjago Movie is in theaters now and my kids are so excited! My son was Jay last year and my daughter plans on being Nya this year. Of course with the movie out, they have been pretty much wearing their costumes around the house non-stop.
With the movie coming out, I knew I wanted to do a fun craft with the kids. They all love painting and paper plates were the perfect canvas to make a LEGO Ninjago Paper Plate Craft.
Even for someone with no artistic ability, I think these turned out pretty cute! I decided we were going to make Lloyd (Green Ninja), Jay (Blue Ninja) and Kai (Red Ninja).
- Paper Plates
- Paint Brushes
- Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Black and White Paint
- Pour your paint on a paper plate to easily access as you begin.
- I had a picture pulled up on my iPad of the Ninjas. I free hand painted the masks, making sure to swoop up to cover the nose.
- If I made these again, I would have painted their yellow faces first, let it dry and THEN paint the masks on. That way the darker colors would have painted over the yellow more easily.
- Use yellow paint to paint the face.
- Now it’s time to paint on the faces! You’ll use your black paint to paint the two eyes and the eye brows. Make sure to leave a space when you draw Jay’s eyebrow as he has a scar in it!
- Then use the white paint for a little dot in the center for the whites of their eyes.
My daughter Olivia asked me why the Ninjas looked so angry. I said because they were getting ready to go fight Garmadon!
The LEGO Ninjago Movie is in theaters now! Make sure to check it out!
Pin it for later!