Diaper cakes are everywhere! Just take a trip around Pinterest! So many cute, fun ideas! One of my dearest friends is due next month. We are all so excited and can’t wait to meet him! The baby shower is just around the corner and I wanted to put together a gift basket filled with some of my favorite baby items and a diaper cake!
After consulting many diaper cake tutorials, here is what I did:
- Pack of 50 size 1 diapers
- Fun cardstock
- Glue Dots
- Receiving blanket or something else to form the base
- Cake Cardboard base or cardboard cut in a circle
- Something to personalize it! I made a wooden name plaque
- Measure the width of the diapers and roll up the receiving blanket to the same measurement. I ended up with a receiving blanket rolled to a height of 4 inches. Tie with a ribbon, string or rubber band.
- Cut a slit on both sides of the receiving blanket and pull a length of string or ribbon through.
- Roll up the diapers. Create a layer of rolled diapers around the receiving blanket, keeping the ribbon as shown. Secure the layer of rolled diapers with a ribbon.
- Make another layer of rolled diapers and keeping the vertical ribbon up around the layers of diapers. Secure this layer with a ribbon.
- Tie the vertical ribbon holding the second layer tight to the base layer.
- Cut cardstock a half inch less than the height of the diaper layers. Secure with Glue Dots.
- I added a little stuffed squeaky duck with push pins to add a bit of flair!