I make a lot of hair clippies for my little girls. Small silk flowers, crocheted flowers and felt appliques! But they all start with a lined alligator clip. It might seem simple, but I’ve learned a few tips along the way, so here you go!
- Candle, match or other heat source
- Alligator Clips
- 3/8″ ribbon
- Glue gun
- Something pretty to put on the clips!
- Cut a smooth edge on the ribbon. Melt the end using the candle.
- Glue to the inner and upper part of the alligator clip as shown.
- Using hot glue gun, secure along the clip, pinching to seal the ribbon to the clip.
- Cut to the desired length and seal using the candle. Glue to the clip.
- Add the applique or flair of choice and there you go! You can make your own cute hair clippies for a fraction!
Thanks– I love this and will try it with my girls!
judy gardner says
this is so cute! my niece would love this!