It’s a weekend edition of Make It Pretty! The holidays are just around the corner and one thing I am always looking for is something fun and festive as a centerpiece for the table. A Christmas tree of some sort… but something elegant, I’m thinking. As I was sifting through my craft room, looking for supplies and inspiration… ruffles! Who doesn’t love ruffles?! So I came up with this fancy little number:
And it’s one of those projects that are crazy easy!
Here is what you will need:
- Styrofoam cone
- Glue Dots® Craft Dots
- Glue Dots® Pop-Up Dots
- Embossing glitter
- Scissors & Embossing heat tool
And here is how I put the frilly little thing together:
- Put a row of Glue Dots® Craft Dots around the bottom section of the Styrofoam tree. Start adding your ribbon. Leave a little excess here and there, creating a rippling effect.
- Add Glue Dots® to the next level up and continue winding ribbon around in the same rippled fashion.
- When you get to the top, cut your ribbon leaving a few inches of excess.
- Fold the ribbon under so you do not have a raw edge and adhere with Glue Dots®.
- Sprinkle embossing glitter over the Glue Dots® Pop-Up Dots, covering thoroughly. Using a Heat Embossing Tool, very carefully melt the embossing glitter. Be sure to just use enough heat to melt the powder, not enough as to melt the Glue Dot®!
- Attach the glittered Glue Dots® to your tree, top with a ribbon using a straight pin and there you have it!
I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® Design Team.