It’s almost time to start decorating for Thanksgiving! I have some leaf wreaths and garlands that I decorate with every year, but I wanted something for above the fireplace. I came up with this “Thankful” banner made with a few scrapbooking supplies and cardboard!
- Cardboard pieces
- Paper cutter
- Scrapbooking paper
- Rubber Cement
- Paper hangers
- Other embellishments
- First, find your cardboard! I used the inside of a shipping box. It was thin enough to cut, but thick enough to be sturdy. Cut cardboard into desired sizes. For this banner, I used 4″ by 7″. My paper cutter did the job just fine.
- I then cut the scrapbooking paper to the same size as the cardboard pieces and then adhered them with good old rubber cement, smoothing as I went.
- A little ink around the edges gave them a finished yet “used” look.
- I used a bit of rubber cement to affix the letters.
- Add embellishments. I used buttons, trim and lace. Finish with picture hangers and hang with ribbon!
What crafty projects do you want to do, or have you done for Thanksgiving?