Mary Poppins Returns is in theaters now and I’m so excited! I’ve had the chance to see it in theaters twice now and I can’t wait to bring my kids too. If you’re looking for a fun little treat to make to get excited for the movie too, you’ll love these Mary Poppins Returns Kite Sugar Cookies! Note that these aren’t green like the kite in the movie – you can make them any color you want and they are perfect for Spring too!
Mary Poppins Returns Kite Sugar Cookies
Yields: 12 decorated cookies
- Your favorite recipe for sugar cookies, enough to make about 1 dozen
- 3-4 oz. purple fondant
- 3-4 oz. yellow fondant
- 2 oz. black fondant
- Roll out your cookie dough and cut out 12 diamond shapes. Bake according to recipe directions.
- Allow for the cookies to cool completely before decorating. Roll out the purple and yellow fondant so that they’re each about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Using the same cookie cutter you used to cut the diamond-shaped cookies, cut out 6 of each fondant color.
- Cut each fondant piece in quarters. Press each one onto each cookie, alternating colors.
- Roll out 12 spheres from your black fondant, about ¼ of an inch in size. Then, roll it out so that each one is about 3 inches in length.
- Press your black fondant “string” onto the end of each cookie.
- To make the bows for the cookies, roll out small spheres from each color. You’ll need 18 spheres of each color. Shape 24 of them, forming them into triangles and place 2 on each cookie.
- Press a sphere in the center of the two triangles – now, you have formed your bow.
Sneak a few of these cookies into the theater when you go to see Mary Poppins Returns, which is in theaters now! Looking for more details on Mary Poppins Returns? Check out all of my coverage below:
- Spoiler Free Review of Mary Poppins Returns
- The Music of Mary Poppins Returns
- Interview with Pixie Davies and Joel Dawson for Mary Poppins Returns